MQG Mini Swap
The MQG is hosting it's first ever swap! They asked members to vote a few weeks back and a mini swap won by a landslide. Here are some of the more important details.
- You must be an active member (note: the swap ends in 2017)
- Quilts must be no larger than 24" x 24" and have a modern aesthetic and use high quality modern fabrics
- Sign ups are open until "mid-October" (spots are limited)
- The swap is focusing on the mini so no "extras" please, just your beautiful quilt
- Deadline to ship your completed mini to your matched partner is Feb 17th with an option to exchange minis at Quiltcon on Feb 25th for partners that are attending
Sign up here and how great for out guild members that we will be a triangle workshop on October sew day just perfect for mini quilts!
Speaking of sew day... Judy Bell as graciously agreed to teach us all a little about the triangle. Starting off with Gwen Marston's book "Free Range Triangles"we will explore making a 20"-24" top that could easily make a pillow top, wall hanging or center medallion to a larger quilt or a mini quilt. She will spend time talking about cutting triangles, improvisation and share a few samples before we get to cutting and sewing up our own master pieces.
What to bring:
-Your machine, sewing paraphernalia, and cutting tools as usual.
- 6-8 solids in your favorite palette (or prints that read as solids)
- Portable design wall if you have one.
- Batting and backing for those go getters out there.
If you are not interested in the class you are still more than welcome to bring your projects to work on.
We look forward to seeing you there!! And remember, please skip the perfume! ($5 chair fee for non-members).